Thursday, November 03, 2005

36 Billion reasons to Investigate



It is encouraging that both UN reports are being discussed and the government is trying to follow up on the recommendations. One hopes those accused will have a fair trial and if convicted, punished to full extent of the law.

I am curious however, if and when trial dates are set, are we going to have the chance to look in the financial dealings/books of those Lebanese and Syrians mentioned in Mehlis report? If I am not mistaken, Aoun called for this a few months back.

All Lebanese should have the opportunity to have a look at the late Hariri’s books, and I’m sure Lahoud, Murr and Jumblatt clans have a quite a few stories to tell in their own books.

The national debt is a serious problem that has understandably taken a back seat these days, but I hope in due time those responsible for it’s dismal state are going to be held responsible.